Internal Medicine Residency at Manatee Memorial
Manatee Memorial Hospital has a strong commitment to training primary care physicians in Internal Medicine. Residents accepted into the three-year Internal Medicine Residency will follow the Internal Medicine specialty track.
The curriculum will include participation in rotations and didactics fitting with ACGME program requirements.
Below are the rotation requirements and opportunities available for all Internal Medicine Residents during their 3-year program.
Mandatory rotations (per ACGME requirements) that are scheduled for you.
- Ambulatory Medicine
- Critical Care PGY 1
- Critical Care PGY 2 & 3
- General Internal Medicine
- Night Float
- ICU Night Float
Elective rotations within the Internal Medicine Subspecialties.
- First year residents do not have elective time.
- Second year residents will have four weeks of IM elective time scheduled into their rotation schedule. The Hematology/Oncology rotation accounts for four weeks of this elective time and will be scheduled by the program. The resident may choose the remaining four weeks of elective time.
- Third year residents will have six weeks of IM elective time scheduled into their rotation schedule.
- Elective rotations include:
- Allergy & Immunology
- Hematology/Oncology - Assigned during second year
- Infectious disease
Elective rotations outside of Internal Medicine Subspecialties that are provided as opportunities for residents.
- First year residents do not have elective time scheduled.
- Second year residents will have six weeks of Non-IM Elective time scheduled into their rotation schedule.
- Third year residents will have eight weeks of Non-IM Elective time scheduled into their rotation schedule.
- Opportunities include:
- Gynecology, Office
- Orthopedics, Non-Operative
- Ophthalmology, Medical
- Palliative Medicine
- Rehab Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
The clinical experience will be supplemented by a structured didactic program comprised of:
- Morning Report
- Journal Club
- Tumor Board
- EKG Conference
- Noon Lecture
- Medicine Board Review
- Critical Care Series
- Medicine team work rounds with Community Attendings
- Medicine team table teaching rounds with Core Teaching Faculty
- OMM Lectures & Workshops
- Simulation Lab
- Bedside Ultrasound Training
- PS/QI council
For more information, contact: MANATEEGME-InternalMedicine@uhsinc.com