Center for Orthopedic and Spine Surgery
The Center for Orthopedic and Spine Surgery at Manatee Memorial Hospital offers a comprehensive range of services that include foot and ankle surgeries, hip, knee and shoulder surgeries, sports medicine and joint replacement. The Center is Certified for Hip and Knee Replacement through The Joint Commission.
Orthopedic Symposium, November 2, 2019
Join Manatee Memorial Hospital and Lakewood Ranch Medical Center for an Orthopedic Symposium with physicians from 360 Orthopedics and Coastal Orthopedics.
Services We Provide
Available services at the Center for Orthopedic and Spine Surgery include:
- General orthopedics
- Treatment for traumatic orthopedic injuries, including fractures and dislocations of all joints of the body, the extremities and spine
- Hip, knee and shoulder surgeries, including the treatment of arthritis
- Spine surgery to treat degenerative and congenital spine disorders such as spinal stenosis, ruptured or herniated discs, fractures of the spine, arthritis of the spine, spinal infections and tumors of the spinal column
- Foot and ankle surgery for conditions that include bunions, hammertoes, ankle injuries, diabetic foot disorders, ligament fractures and other trauma to the foot and ankle
- Hand, shoulder and elbow surgery for injuries, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, tendon problems, rotator cuff problems and instability problems of the shoulder
- Arthroscopic treatment
- Nonsurgical treatments
- Minimally invasive treatments
- Sports medicine to treat sports-related injuries and overuse syndromes, including rehabilitation, arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery and anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Coordinated rehabilitation services
- Pain management
- Community, family and caregiver education on how to help care for you while you are recovering from hip, knee or shoulder replacement surgery
For more information about the Center for Orthopedic and Spine Surgery, download our patient brochure >
Joint Replacement Services
Our joint replacement services include comprehensive preoperative and postoperative rehabilitation services for patients undergoing hip replacement, shoulder replacement and knee replacement. A multidisciplinary team of rehabilitation specialists, including physicians, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and case managers will provide your care.
A Uniquely Different Approach
Our goal is to get you back on your feet both physically and psychologically. We won't treat you as a "sick patient," but as someone who has elected surgery to help improve your quality of life. That means:
- We will work to help you develop and maintain a positive outlook throughout the rehabilitation process
- We'll help you focus your energy on maximizing functional mobility
- You will always play a very active role in your healthcare
- We promote a philosophy of motivation and empowerment to create a level of care that will help inspire your success
Preoperative Education Services: A Different Beginning
The staff at the Center for Orthopedic and Spine Surgery will begin working with you prior to your scheduled surgery date. Physical therapists, nurses or case managers offer a special preoperative class for you, your family and other caregivers so that everyone knows what to expect before, during and after the procedure.
- Learn more about the Preoperative Class for Joint Replacement Patients >
- Learn more about the Preoperative Class for Spine Surgery Patients >
You will receive a packet of information before your surgery, and a patient coordinator will help you with admission and preregistration paperwork so there is no delay on the day of surgery.
Postoperative Rehabilitation: A Different Recovery
The rehabilitation phase of your treatment is available at the hospital and places great emphasis on functionality and post-hospital care. You may need to go to a skilled nursing facility before you are ready to return home, or you may need to use home health services for additional assistance.
A surgeon may recommend that you continue your physical therapy at home. If you need further assistance, we can help make arrangements for home healthcare or the transition to a skilled nursing facility, if that is necessary.
You may require physical therapy on an outpatient basis after you are discharged from the hospital. If so, you can get the physical therapy you need from two convenient locations:
Physical Medicine Department at Manatee Memorial Hospital
206 Second Street East
Bradenton, FL 34208 — 941-745-7550
The Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Center
5245 33rd Street East, Suite 32
(Off State Road 70 - in the Manatee Town Center)
Bradenton, FL, 34203 — 941-745-7559
Helpful Tips for Incoming Patients
- If you haven't already done so, please schedule your preoperative education class. Remember, your family members and other caregivers are welcome to attend too.
- When you arrive for your surgery, don't forget to bring a change of clothing. We encourage all postoperative patients to change out of their hospital gowns and into comfortable sports clothing as soon as possible.
- Please take the time to review all materials you received prior to your surgery. This information can help you avoid unnecessary delays or the need to reschedule your procedure.
- If you have detailed questions concerning your surgery, please contact your surgeon or participating physician well in advance of your scheduled surgery.