Advanced Care for Joints, Bones, Spine
The Center for Orthopedic and Spine Surgery at Manatee Memorial Hospital offers a comprehensive range of services that include foot and ankle surgeries; hip, knee and shoulder surgeries; sports medicine; spine surgeries and joint replacement.
Certified for Total Hip and Knee Replacement
Manatee Memorial Hospital has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Total Hip and Knee Replacement Certifications for the second consecutive time by demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance standards.
Services We Provide
Available services at the Center for Orthopedic and Spine Surgery include:
- General orthopedics
- Treatment for traumatic orthopedic injuries, including fractures and dislocations of all joints of the body, the extremities and spine
- Hip, knee and shoulder surgeries, including the treatment of arthritis
- Spine surgery to treat degenerative and congenital spine disorders such as spinal stenosis, ruptured or herniated discs, fractures of the spine, arthritis of the spine, spinal infections and tumors of the spinal column
- Foot and ankle surgery for conditions that include bunions, hammertoes, ankle injuries, diabetic foot disorders, ligament fractures and other trauma to the foot and ankle
- Hand, shoulder and elbow surgery for injuries, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, tendon problems, rotator cuff problems and instability problems of the shoulder
- Arthroscopic treatment
- Nonsurgical treatments
- Minimally invasive treatments
- Sports medicine to treat sports-related injuries and overuse syndromes, including rehabilitation, arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery and anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Coordinated rehabilitation services
- Pain management
- Community, family and caregiver education on how to help care for you while you are recovering from hip, knee or shoulder replacement surgery
For more information about the Center for Orthopedic and Spine Surgery, download our patient brochure >
Listen to podcasts and read press releases to learn more about what's available at the Manatee Memorial Hospital:
Joint Replacement Services
Our joint replacement services include comprehensive preoperative and postoperative rehabilitation services for patients undergoing hip replacement, shoulder replacement and knee replacement. A multidisciplinary team of rehabilitation specialists, including physicians, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and case managers will provide your care.
A Uniquely Different Approach
Our goal is to get you back on your feet both physically and psychologically. We won't treat you as a "sick patient," but rather as an “athlete with an injury,” someone who has elected surgery to help improve your quality of life. That means:
- We will work to help you develop and maintain a positive outlook throughout the rehabilitation process
- We'll help you focus your energy on maximizing functional mobility
- You will always play a very active role in your healthcare
- We promote a philosophy of motivation and empowerment to create a level of care that will help inspire your success
Preoperative Education Services: A Different Beginning
The staff at the Center for Orthopedic and Spine Surgery will begin working with you prior to your scheduled surgery date. Our Orthopedic Nurse Navigator will offer a special preoperative class for you, your family and other caregivers so that everyone knows what to expect before, during and after the procedure.
- Learn more about the Preoperative Class for Joint Replacement Patients >
- Learn more about the Preoperative Class for Spine Surgery Patients >
You will receive a packet of information before your surgery, and the orthopedic nurse navigator, will help you through the registration and preadmission testing process so there is no delay on the day of surgery.
Postoperative Rehabilitation: A Different Recovery
The rehabilitation phase of your treatment is available at the hospital and places great emphasis on functionality and post-hospital care. Many patients either go home the same day or next day after their joint replacement surgeries. Some patients may need to go to a skilled nursing facility before they are ready to return home or may need to use home health services for additional assistance. The interdisciplinary healthcare team leading with your surgeon and orthopedic nurse navigator will help direct your plan for discharge.
After discharge from the hospital you may require physical therapy on an outpatient basis or Home Health Services. Home Health Services includes a visit by a registered nurse as well as physical therapy. Many patients then progress from Home Health services to Outpatient physical therapy. If so, you can get the physical therapy you need from two convenient locations:
Physical Medicine Department at Manatee Memorial Hospital
206 Second Street East
Bradenton, FL 34208 — 941-745-7550
The Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Center
5245 33rd Street East, Suite 32
(Off State Road 70 - in the Manatee Town Center)
Bradenton, FL, 34203 — 941-745-7559
Helpful Tips for Incoming Patients
- If you haven't already done so, please schedule your preoperative education class. Remember, your family members and other caregivers are welcome to attend too.
- When you arrive for your surgery, don't forget to bring a change of clothing. We encourage all postoperative patients to change out of their hospital gowns and into comfortable sports clothing as soon as possible.
- Please take the time to review all materials you received prior to your surgery. This information can help you avoid unnecessary delays or the need to reschedule your procedure.
- If you have detailed questions concerning your surgery, please contact your surgeon or participating physician well in advance of your scheduled surgery.
Please contact our Orthopedic Nurse Navigator at 941-745-7417 for questions or to make a Preoperative Class appointment.