Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment
Many hospitals offer cancer treatment, but not many balance powerful treatment strategy with the right dose of sensitivity for their patients like Manatee Memorial Hospital. The multidisciplinary team of oncology professionals at Manatee Memorial Hospital has been collaborating to find appropriate cancer treatments for patients since 1979, making it the first hospital in Manatee County to have dedicated oncology services. The Oncology Department offers a wide range of advanced cancer technology, diagnostic equipment and treatment.
Oncology services provided at Manatee Memorial include the following:
- Services at the Breast Care Center, designated a Breast Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- Services at the Lung Institute, designated as a Lung Cancer Screening Center by the American College of Radiology (ACR) and a Screening Center of Excellence by the Lung Cancer Alliance (LCA)
- Surgical services, including robotic surgery with the da Vinci® Surgical System
- Outpatient chemotherapy infusion service
- Chemotherapy provided by staff with specialized competency
- Interventional oncology using imaging equipment
- CT imaging
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
Accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Since 1985
Manatee Memorial Hospital's cancer program has a long history of treating patients according to standards established by one of the most respected medical societies in the nation, the American College of Surgeons (ACOS). Receiving care from an ACOS Commission on Cancer-approved program means you can depend on:
- Quality care close to home
- Comprehensive range of technologically advanced services and equipment
- Multidisciplinary team approach that coordinates some of the most effective options available to treat cancer patients
- Tobacco Cessation Program
- Access to cancer-related information and support
- Cancer Registry collects data on history, diagnosis, treatment and disease status for every patient and offers lifelong patient follow-up.
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care
- Information about current cancer clinical trials and new treatment options
- Partnerships with the American Cancer Society and Tidewell Hospice.