Be Prepared for Hurricanes and Other Emergencies
The Manatee Healthcare System follows an All-Hazards approach to Emergency Management. A Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan prepares the hospital staff to respond to disasters — such as hurricanes, emergencies and planned events by following the National Incident Management System (NIMS). By following the national standards, all our facilities are able to communicate and coordinate with all other response agencies in our area.
Manatee Memorial Hospital and Lakewood Ranch Medical Center are not public shelters. Please check Manatee County Emergency Management for a list of emergency shelters near you.
We encourage you to have a personal disaster plan. You can make a free plan at FloridaDisaster.org or Ready.gov. See the Manatee County Disaster Guides for valuable tips on disaster planning.
If you have a special needs dependent, you must pre-register with Manatee County to receive assistance during a disaster.
Important Community Phone Numbers
- Emergency: Call 9-1-1
- Manatee County Government: 941-748-4501
- Department of Health: 941-748-0747
- Manatee Sheriff’s Office: 941-747-3011
- Bradenton Police Department: 941-932-9357
- Manatee Citizens Information Center to report a non-urgent issue: 941-749-3547
- City of Bradenton: 941-932-9400