Providing Excellence in Laboratory Medicine
The Laboratory Services Department at Manatee Memorial Hospital is committed to providing comprehensive services to inpatients and outpatients. Whether an annual screening, diagnostic or emergency testing is needed, our staff will provide you excellent care. We are proud to be awarded accreditation by the College of American Pathologists and The Joint Commission.
Laboratory testing is an essential tool that physicians and other practitioners utilize to provide quality healthcare. Laboratory test results provide information utilized in the process of diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of many health issues. The clinical laboratory plays many roles in the delivery of treatment of diseases for inpatients and outpatients.
Inpatient Ancillary Services
Inpatient ancillary services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Laboratory Department will provide you, your physicians and other providers with excellent service from friendly and highly qualified health professionals. Our staff will visit you, identify themselves and perform a venipuncture as quickly as possible while keeping you comfortable.
Walk-in Outpatient Services
Enjoy the benefits of our Walk-in Outpatient Laboratory, which is located at Manatee Memorial Hospital on the first floor with a separate entrance south of the Outpatient Services Building.
Outpatient Laboratory Hours and Parking: The Outpatient Laboratory is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. There is parking available in front of the Outpatient Services Building.
Preparing for Your Outpatient Test
- If your physician directs you to fast before arriving at the laboratory, note that this means having nothing to eat or drink for the specified time (8-12 hours) or after midnight. You may take morning medications with water.
- Be sure to be hydrated for best results.
- Arrive with your doctor’s prescription, insurance cards and photo identification.
- Proof of insurance or payment is expected at the time of service. The laboratory does NOT accept co-payments for laboratory services. See below for insurance plans accepted for outpatient laboratory services.
Accepted and Unaccepted Outpatient Insurance Plans
The following is meant to be a guide only. Please call the laboratory to confirm insurance at 941-745-7461, Option 1 and call your physician to obtain an insurance authorization for our facility. Always call your health insurance plan for verification.
Accepted Insurance Plans:
- Aetna (PPO, QPOS, all variances of Open Access), including UHS Aetna HMO
- Any PPO
- Approved Travel Insurances
- Blue Cross (excluding Health Options and Medicare Replacement HMO)
- Charity Pending (pre-approved by Financial Services)
- Cigna (PPO, Indemnity)
- County Indigent Pending (pre-approved by Financial Services)
- Humana PPO
- Medicaid Primary, including Share of Cost Medicaid and/or Pending Medicaid, including Children’s Medical Service
- Medicare Replacement Plans (non-HMO)
- Medicare Supplemental Insurances
- Network Blue/Blue Options (usually has a very high deductible)
- We Care (pre-approved and transferred to County Indigent)
- Worker’s Compensation and/or Automobile Insurance (ONLY with required documentation)
TRICARE® is a registered trademark of the Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency. All rights reserved.
Unaccepted Insurance Plans:
- Any HMO (prior authorization required)
- AvMed HMO
- Health Options or Florida Blue (Blue Cross)
- Humana HMO
- Many Medicare HMOs (requires plan verification)
- Most Medicaid and Medicare HMOs (without authorization), including:
- Freedom Commercial Medicare and Medicaid
- Stay Well, Molina, Prestige or other Medicaid Managed Care or HMO (without authorization)
- Well Care Medicare and Medicaid
- Out-of-Country Insurances
- Direct Access Testing
- Complete Blood Count
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
- Hemoglobin A1C
- Prostate Antigen Screening
- Thyroid Panel
Please note: Payments must be made at time of service for this program. Cash, credit or checks are accepted. This program does not file insurance claims. Results are available to the patient or patient representative and any physician(s) at the patient's request.