Manatee Memorial Hospital is pleased to announce the recent acquisition of the da Vinci Xi® Surgical System. This new addition to our two other da Vinci Si® Surgical Systems will further advance the technology used in minimally invasive surgery for procedures in areas of gynecology, urology, thoracic, head, neck, sleep apnea and general surgery. This minimally invasive technique helps reduce pain and trauma to the body, lessens blood loss, lowers risk of infection, shortens length of hospital stay and promotes quicker recovery with less scarring.
The da Vinci Xi System expands upon core da Vinci System features, including wristed instruments, 3D-HD visualization, intuitive motion and ergonomic design. As with all da Vinci Surgical Systems, the surgeon is 100 percent in control of the robotic-assisted da Vinci System, which translates his/her hand movements into smaller, more precise movements of tiny instruments inside the patient’s body. The Xi System’s immersive 3D-HD vision system provides surgeons a highly magnified view, virtually extending their eyes and hands into the patient.
The key features of the new machine include the following, which all support the surgeon’s ability to deliver superior care and favorable patient outcomes:
- New overhead instrument arm architecture designed to facilitate anatomical access from virtually any position.
- A new endoscope digital architecture that creates a simpler, more compact design with improved vision definition and clarity.
- An ability to attach the endoscope to any arm, providing flexibility for visualizing the surgical site.
- Smaller, thinner arms with newly designed joints that offer a greater range of motion than ever before.
- Longer instrument shafts designed to give surgeons greater operative reach.
"Manatee Memorial was the first hospital in Manatee County to offer the da Vinci Surgical System in 2008 and is pleased to be able to add this latest technology and all the advancements it brings to assist surgeons. We are thrilled to be a leader in this field,” said Kevin DiLallo, CEO of Manatee Memorial Hospital.
For additional information, please contact Vernon DeSear, Vice President, Manatee Healthcare System, at 941-745-7306 or email@example.com, or Betty Chambliss, Director of Marketing and Communications, at 941-745-7545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.