Providing Women Support and Healthcare Guidance
Women Enlightened for Better Health (WE) is a unique FREE health initiative from Manatee Memorial Hospital, created to empower women to manage the demands of daily life. WE members have easy access to the resources and support they need to keep themselves and their loved ones in good health, and to achieve balance in their lives. WE was designed to provide support, guidance and healthcare navigation to women as they make important health decisions for themselves and their families.
Women make tremendous contributions to their families and communities, but their own health can suffer as a result of so many responsibilities as a parent, spouse, caregiver or employee. WE is here to help!
Mission of WE
WE's mission is to enlighten and empower our members by providing:
- Receive a FREE LIV self-breast exam aid. Our members will receive educational information on breast health and breast cancer, and the LIV® breast self-exam aid is a special gift from us. The LIV aid is designed to help women perform accurate self-examinations. It helps women become aware of what is normal for their breast tissue and thereby identify abnormal changes.The LIV self-exam aid is not a replacement for normal clinical breast exams and mammograms. We strongly encourage our members over the age of 40 to get yearly mammograms and be proactive in their breast health.
- Passport to Health. We recognize the importance of early screening in disease diagnosis and treatment. The FREE enlightened woman’s passport is an excellent way for our members to control their healthcare. The passport contains information on preventive health screenings as well as the suggested age and frequency. It will also contain personal health and screening records.
- Breast Care Center at Manatee Memorial Hospital. Early detection is your best defense against breast cancer and we want to help. The staff at the Breast Care Center will send all WE members a reminder email or card to schedule your yearly mammogram. Ask about this service when you sign up.
- Direct Doctors Plus® Free Referral Service. Any time you need to find a physician or specialist be sure to call Direct Doctors Plus® at 941-708-8100 for a FREE referral.
- Discounted Membership to the Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Center. Join The Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Center’s fitness program for only $15 a month. The Center, a service of Manatee Memorial Hospital, is located at 5245 33rd Street East, Suite 32, off of State Road 70 in the Manatee Town Center. Please call for hours: 941-745-7559.
- 15 percent discount at the hospital's Bistro. Just present your membership card to the cashier at the 2nd Street Bistro inside Manatee Memorial Hospital and receive your discount. The Bistro is open every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- 10 percent discount at the Shoppe on the River auxiliary gift shop and the auxiliary thrift shop. Just present your membership card to the cashier at the gift shop or thrift shop to receive your discount. Shoppe on the River is located at the entrance of the hospital and is open seven days a week. Call 941-745-7398 for current hours. The Manatee Memorial Foundation Auxiliary Thrift Shop is located at 4515 Manatee Avenue West and is open Monday – Saturday. Please call 941-745-2047 for their current hours.
- Reduced fees. You will receive price reductions on Manatee Memorial Hospital-sponsored educational classes.
- Members-Only Invitations. You will receive exclusive invitations to members-only events during the year. Watch your mail or email for opportunities.
- Health news updates. Two times a year you will receive the latest health information from Manatee Healthcare System sent directly to your home.