Manatee Memorial Hospital’s (MMH) Post-Graduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Residency Program is an American Society of Health-System Pharmacist (ASHP) accredited program and follows the ASHP PGY1 program standards.
The PGY1 pharmacy residency programs build on PharmD education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for PGY2 pharmacy residency training. Our vision is a commitment to being an integral part of high quality patient care, education, and advancing the practice of pharmacy and healthcare in an atmosphere of collaboration, professionalism, respect, and effective communication.
Our pharmacy department has a decentralized model with automated dispensing cabinets, an advanced electronic health record, and designated decentralized workspace. The pharmacy’s mission is a commitment to the provision of safe, efficacious, and cost effective use of medications through optimal pharmaceutical care for all patients.
PGY1 Pharmacy Residents are part of the GME program and participate collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team, with an emphasis in Critical Care and Internal Medicine; as well as participate in the GME learning environment including Patient Report, Noon Lectures, Journal Club, Patient Case Presentations, and Morbidity & Mortality Conferences. Residents will gain confidence in professional communication, as well as the skills necessary to continue their professional commitment to the advancement of the profession through continued self-monitoring and development.
The PGY1 Pharmacy Program includes:
- Longitudinal/Concentrated Learning Experiences: Clinical Practice Advancement, Medication Safety, Quality Improvement/Research, Service
- Core Learning Experiences: Cardiology, Critical Care, Decentralized Pharmacy Services including Pharmacokinetics and Parenteral Nutrition, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Leadership-Management, Surgery (OR Satellite), Emergency Medicine
- Elective Opportunities (2): Advanced Critical Care, Advanced Infectious Diseases, Advanced Internal Medicine, Teaching
- Salary: Completive with Manatee Memorial Hospital and Graduate Medical Education benefits package
- Preceptors: Majority of our Pharmacist Preceptors are Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialists and all are committed to providing effective training of residents and being exemplary role models.
- PharmD from accredited college/school of pharmacy, or equivalent
- Current Florida licensure, or will obtain licensure within 90 days
- Complete application through PhORCAS & the National Matching Service (Match #239213)
- CV, letter of intent, transcript, and 3 letters of reference via PhORCAS
Application Deadline: First Monday in January
Anticipated Start Date: Third Monday in June
Number of Positions: 2
For more information, contact: MMHPharmacyPGY1@uhsinc.com