Cancer - Oncology
Oncology and Cancer Care Services
Tough strategy. Sensitive approach.
Many hospitals offer cancer treatment. Not many balance powerful treatment strategy with the right dose of sensitivity for their patients...like Manatee Memorial Hospital in Bradenton, Florida.
Since 1979, the multidisciplinary team of professionals at Manatee Memorial Hospital has been collaborating to find appropriate cancer treatments for patients. Manatee Memorial Hospital offers a wide range of advanced cancer technology, diagnostic equipment and treatment. But just as important is its history as the first hospital in Manatee County, Florida to establish dedicated oncology services.
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Surgical services including robotic surgery with the da Vinci® Surgical System
- Oncology Certified Nurses (OCN) – certification from the Oncology Nursing Society
- Oncology Nurse Navigator
- Lung Institute
- Outpatient chemotherapy infusion service
- Chemotherapy staff – specialized competency
- Breast Care Center – Breast Center of Excellence designation from the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Mammography, ultrasound, MRI, CT imaging, stereotactic breast biopsy
- OCN-certified case managers – following patient care from admission through discharge
- Partnerships with American Cancer Society and Tidewell Hospice
For more information, please call (941) 745-7539.
Accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer ... since 1985.
What does this mean to you?
You have the security of knowing Manatee Memorial Hospital's cancer program has a long history of treating patients according to standards established by one of the most respected medical societies in the nation, the American College of Surgeons (ACOS). Receiving care from an ACOS Commission on Cancer-approved program means you can depend on:
- Quality care close to home
- Comprehensive range of technologically advanced services and equipment
- Multidisciplinary team approach that coordinates some of the most effective options available to treat cancer patients
- Access to cancer-related information and support
- Cancer Registry collects data on history, diagnosis, treatment and disease status for every patient and offers lifelong patient follow-up.
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care
- Information about current cancer clinical trials and new treatment options